GitHub has quickly become the de facto standard platform for sharing and reviewing code, managing your work, creating documentation and releasing software. This course will introduce you to the different GitHub products.
The course will focus on the practical parts of a software development cycle using only GitHub products. We will build an automated workflow for testing and deploying a web application to GitHub pages through exercises.
- Managing work with GitHub projects and issues
- Collaborate with GitHub issues and review code with GitHub pull requests
- Implement code quality with automated status checks
- Build automated CI/CD pipelines with GitHub actions
- Safely publish and consume packages with GitHub packages/artifacts
- Using GitHub pages to host a SPA
- Create documentation with GitHub wiki and markdown files
- Learn how to use the GitHub REST and GraphQL API
- Securely use secrets in GitHub
- Introduction to GitHub marketplace (applications/actions)
- How to deploy applications to cloud environments
Developers or teams just starting using GitHub or have used GitHub for some time but want to improve their productivity by using more of the platform’s features.
Participants are expected to have basic knowledge of Git, being able to clone repositories and push code to a repository. Knowledge on Git branching models, e.g. GitFlow is beneficial.
After the course the participant will be able to establish a professional software development process in a team based on GitHub and have the tools for creating an automated secure release process. The participant has been introduced to the core components of GitHub and how they fit together and is capable of establishing a coherent software production platform.
Har du spørgsmål?
Hvis du har yderligere spørgsmål til dette produkt eller ønsker at få fremsendt materiale i forbindelse med produktet, er du velkommen til at benytte kontaktformularen herunder.