The objective of this course is to provide the foundational concepts and teach the skills necessary to deploy, secure and manage a Citrix NetScaler system with NetScaler Gateway in a desktop virtualization environment. This course is designed specifically for students who have limited or no previous NetScaler experience. The content is based on version 11 of the Citrix NetScaler product, but the skills and fundamental concepts learned are common to earlier product versions. Students will have access to hands-on exercises within a virtual lab environment.
This course has been completely redeveloped and replaces the previous course (CNS-207: Implementing Citrix NetScaler 11 for App and Desktop Solutions), including the following enhancements:
- A new lab environment, redesigned and built for enhanced performance
- New content introduced in the majority of modules
- Incorporated course feedback that has been gathered over the last year
- Reorganization of the content into a logical sequence of three days of base content that focuses on essential NetScaler functionality, followed by two days of NetScaler Gateway features, with exercises that progressively build on each other to provide a more effective and versatile learning experience.
This course provides the opportunity to learn about essential NetScaler Traffic Management and NetScaler Gateway topics. The first three days covers the same NetScaler Essentials content covered in CNS-220 NetScaler for Traffic Management. Therefore students who have already taken CNS-220 – NetScaler for Traffic Management may take the two-day CNS-221 NetScaler Gateway add-on course in place of this course.
Note: it is not recommended to take both this five-day Citrix NetScaler for Apps and Desktops training (CNS-222) and the five-day Citrix NetScaler Essentials and Traffic Management training (CNS-220), as these courses share the same first three days of content.
The Teacher is Bjarne Træholt
- Identify the functionality and capabilities of the NetScaler
- Explain basic NetScaler network architecture
- Obtain, install, and manage NetScaler licenses
- Explain how SSL is used to secure the NetScaler
- Customize the NetScaler system for traffic flow and content-specific requirements
- Implement NetScaler TriScale technology, including clustering
- Identify the functionality and characteristics of the NetScaler SDX platform
- Configure Authentication and Authorization
- Create Access Policies
- Define End User Access and Experience
- Integrate NetScaler Gateway with XenApp and XenDesktop
- Integrate NetScaler Gateway with other resources (Unified Gateway)
- Monitor and Manage the NetScaler environment
- Employ recommended tools and techniques to troubleshoot common NetScaler network and connectivity issues