In this course, you familiarize yourself with the basic features of E-Series systems. You use the SANtricity® 11.10 storage manager simulator to explore setup and configuration tasks. You engage in simulations and guided exercises to develop your understanding of how NetApp® SANtricity storage management software works.
In this course, you learn how to configure a new E-Series storage system and establish connectivity with a SAN. You use the SANtricity storage management software and command line interface to manage the E-Series controllers. You will also be using prominent features to restore data. Additionally, you will learn how to support and monitor E-Series storage systems by performing various troubleshooting tasks, such as evaluating support data, and using the built-in tools to identify storage system errors.
This course is designed for Professional Services workers who are NetApp employees, NetApp partners, or NetApp customers, as well as partners who sell E-Series storage systems.
Technical Overview of E-Series Storage Systems (web-based training)
Basic Windows or Linux administrative experience
By the end of this course, you should be able to: ...
• Describe NetApp E-Series storage systems
• Provision storage space on an E-Series storage system
• Evaluate the status of an E-Series storage system
• Identify for customers the storage configurations that best meet their needs
• Create a Snapshot image, volume copy, and thin-provisioned volume
• Enable the SSD cache
• Use the SANtricity client simulator to assist with customer discussions
• Identify E-Series product hardware
• Cable and connect E-Series systems to a fabric
• Install the SANtricity client on a storage management station
• Configure an E-Series storage system
• Create usable storage space on an E- Series storage system
• Suggest storage configurations to customers based on basic needs
• Use prominent features to restore lost data
• Check E-Series storage system status
• Upgrade and maintain SANtricity and E-Series code levels
• Demonstrate AutoSupport feature
• View and use support data that provides information about E-Series storage systems
• Resolve storage system host-side issues
• Resolve drive failures
• Use SANtricity tools to aid in servicing an E-Series storage system