In this workshop course, you learn how to connect Windows® and Linux® hosts via Fibre Channel (FC) and iSCSI protocols to NetApp® SANs.
Prepare for the NetApp® Certified Implementation Engineer (NCIE) SAN 502 and 503 exams and for the implementation of Data ONTAP® 8.1 Cluster-Mode SAN at the same time.
Through lectures and labs, explore SAN by learning about the intricacies of Fibre Channel (FC), FC over Ethernet (FCoE), and iSCSI as you discover how to scale your SAN with Data ONTAP 8.1 Cluster-Mode SAN.
Professionals who implement SAN solutions that use NetApp storage systems.
This course is not an entry-level course. It is designed for individuals who meet the prerequisites and who want to successfully complete the NCIE-SAN exam.
One of the following:
- Certification as a NetApp Data Management Administrator
- Completion of two courses: SAN Fundamentals on Data ONTAP and Data ONTAP 7-Mode Administration
• SAN Implementation
• Data ONTAP Cluster-Mode Administration (strongly recommended)
By the end of this course, you should be able to: ...
• Define and describe SANs that use FC, FCoE, and iSCSI protocols
• Configure Windows Server 2012, Red Hat® 6.4, and Data ONTAP® systems for iSCSI connectivity
• Configure Windows Server 2012, Red Hat 6.4, and Data ONTAP systems for FC and FCoE connectivity
• Use FC and iSCSI protocols to create and access LUNs from Windows Server 2012 and Red Hat 6.4 systems
• Install and use SnapDrive® for Windows and SnapDrive for Linux software to create LUNs and Snapshot™ LUNs, to restore LUNs from Snapshot copies, and to remove LUNs
• Size, clone, back up, and recover LUNs on Windows Server 2012 and Red Hat 6.4 systems
• Troubleshoot SAN connectivity and performance issues
• Configure Data ONTAP 8.1 Cluster- Mode SAN
• Identify the details of FC architecture
• Describe the supported FC fabrics
• Set Brocade and Cisco FC switches
• Configure FCoE
• Describe the architecture of an IP SAN
• Examine the host consideration that influences SAN scalability
• Discuss failover considerations for Data ONTAP 8.1 Cluster-Mode SAN