This course combines Clustered Data ONTAP Administration and Installation Workshop into a one-week training on data management & Hands On Installation. Lecture and hands-on exercises are used to teach you to configure and manage a Data ONTAP® 8.3 cluster and explain the architecture of Data ONTAP. This course also prepares you to deliver clustered Data ONTAP® system installation services in a way that meets NetApp® quality standards and uses NetApp best practices.
NetApp and partner Professional Services engineers who are responsible for system administration and installation.
Clustered Data ONTAP Fundamentals
• Clustered Data ONTAP 8.3 Update Curriculum
• Clustered Data ONTAP 8.3 New Features
• What’s New in Data ONTAP 8.2 Licensing
This is a NetApp Partner only event.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
• Identify the various components of a Data ONTAP storage environment
• Install and perform the setup configuration of Data ONTAP
• Perform basic administration on a storage system
• Explain and configure physical and logical storage
• Identify and configure client protocols
• Describe Snapshot copies and space consumption in Data ONTAP
• Discuss backup methods that are available in Data ONTAP
• Examine upgrade methods of Data ONTAP
• Describe NetApp core data protection technology solutions that are supported in Data ONTAP
• Protect and retrieve data with NetApp snapshot and replication mechanisms
• Ensure business continuity for data
• Use NetApp OnCommand portfolio to monitor and protect data using Data ONTAP
• Complete pre-installation tasks
• Explain clustered Data ONTAP terminology
• List the cluster cabling options and restrictions
• Install and update cluster and management switches
• Install, configure, and test a two-node switched cluster
• Provide a customer with the appropriate information when you are handing off a system ...