This course combines Clustered Data ONTAP Administration and Data ONTAP Data Protection Administration into a one-week training on data management. Lecture and hands-on exercises are used to teach you to configure and manage a Data ONTAP® 8.3 cluster and explain the architecture of Data ONTAP. The course starts with a foundation of NetApp storage administration, including cluster configuration, storage virtual machine management, and NAS and SAN protocol configuration. You learn how to manage Snapshot®, SnapRestore®, SnapMirror®, and SnapVault® technology that is used to replicate and restore mission-critical data in the enterprise. The course emphasizes using OnCommand® System Manager and OnCommand Unified Manager. Backup and restore operations are taught using the command line and OnCommand System Manager.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
• Identify the various components of a Data ONTAP storage environment
• Install and perform the setup configuration of Data ONTAP
• Perform basic administration on a storage system
• Explain and configure physical and logical storage
• Identify and configure client protocols
• Describe Snapshot copies and space consumption in Data ONTAP
• Discuss backup methods that are available ...
... in Data ONTAP
• Examine upgrade methods of Data ONTAP
• Describe NetApp core data protection technology solutions that are supported in Data ONTAP
• Protect and retrieve data with NetApp snapshot and replication mechanisms
• Ensure business continuity for data
• Use NetApp OnCommand portfolio to monitor and protect data using Data ONTAP