Threat protection helps stop damaging attacks with integrated and automated security. In this course you will learn about threat protection technologies that help protect your Microsoft 365 environment. Specifically, you will learn about threat vectors and Microsoft’s security solutions for them. You will learn about Secure Score, Exchange Online protection, Azure Advanced Threat Protection, Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection, and how to use Microsoft 365 Threat Intelligence. It also discusses securing mobile devices and applications. The goal of this course is to help you configure your Microsoft 365 deployment to achieve your desired security posture. This course is for the Microsoft 365 security administrator role. This role collaborates with the Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator, business stakeholders and other workload administrators to plan and implement security strategies and ensures that the solutions comply with the policies and regulations of the organization. This role proactively secures Microsoft 365 enterprise environments. Responsibilities include responding to threats, implementing, managing and monitoring security and compliance solutions for the Microsoft 365 environment. They respond to incidents, investigations and enforcement of data governance. The Microsoft 365 Security administrator is familiar with Microsoft 365 workloads and has strong skills and experience with identity protection, information protection, threat protection, security management and data governance. This role focuses on the Microsoft 365 environment and includes hybrid environments. After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe cyber-attack threat vectors.
- Describe security solutions for Microsoft 365
- Use Microsoft Secure Score to evaluate your security posture.
- Use the Security Dashboard in the Microsoft Security & Compliance center.
- Configure various advanced threat protection services for Microsoft 365.
- Configure Advanced Threat Analytics.
- Plan and deploy Mobile Device Management.
- This module starts by explaining the various cyber-attack threats that exist. It then introduces you to the Microsoft solutions to thwart those threats. The module finishes with an explanation of Microsoft Secure Score and how it can be used to evaluate and report your organizations security posture.
- Threat Vectors and Data Breaches
- Security Solutions for Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Secure Score Module 2: Advanced Threat Protection
- This module explains the various threat protection technologies and services available in Microsoft 365. Specifically, the module covers message protection through Exchange Online Protection, Azure Advanced Threat Protection and Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection.
- Exchange Online Protection
- Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection
- Managing Safe Attachments
- Managing Safe Links
- Azure Advanced Threat Protection
- Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection
- Lab : Advanced Threat Protection
- Setting up your lab environment
- Editing an ATP Safe Links policy and creating a Safe Attachment policy Module 3: Threat Intelligence
- This module explains Microsoft Threat Intelligence which provides you with the tools to evaluate and address cyber threats. You will learn how to use the Security Dashboard in the Microsoft 365 Security and Compliance Center. It also explains and configures Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics.
- Using the Security Dashboard
- Microsoft 365 Threat Investigation and Response
- Configuring Advanced Threat Analytics
- Lab : Advanced Threat Analytics
- Enabling and installing the ATA Center Module 4: Mobility
- This module is all about securing mobile devices and applications. You will learn about Mobile Device Management and how it works with Intune. You will also learn about how Intune and Azure AD can be used to secure mobile applications.
- Plan for Mobile Application Management
- Plan for Mobile Device Management
- Deploy Mobile Device Management
- Enroll Devices to Mobile Device Management
Module 1: Security in Microsoft 365