In this course, students will learn how to secure the Windows 10 OS and protect the data on the device. Students will be introduced to common methods used for authentication and access control. This course will teach how to configure file and folder permissions and creating security policies. Students will also be introduced to the different types of external threats and how to leverage features like encryption and firewalls, as well as tools like Windows Defender. Candidates for this exam are IT professionals who perform installation, configuration, general local management and maintenance of Windows 10 core services. Candidates may also be familiar with enterprise scenarios and cloud-integrated services.
Module 1: Configuring Authorization & Authentication This module introduces the tools and features of Windows 10 for authorizing access to Windows 10 clients. Students will learn about methods for how users sign-in to Windows 10. This module also covers restricting what users can or cannot do on a device through methods like UAC and account types.
- Using Security Settings to Mitigate Threats
- Configuring User Account Control
- Implementing Device Registration
- Authentication Module 2: Configuring Data Access and Usage In this module, Students will learn about permissions. This module will cover considerations for different files systems. Students will learn how to configure file and folder permissions as well as shared folders. The module will conclude with configuring settings through methods such as local and group policy. Lessons
- Overview of File Systems
- Configuring and Managing File Access
- Configuring and Managing Shared Folders
- Managing Security with Policies
- Lab : Configuring and Managing Permissions and Shares
- Creating, Managing, and Sharing a Folder
- Using Conditions to Control Access and Effective Permissions Module 3: Configuring Advanced Management Tools This module introduces students to protecting devices from external threats. Students will learn about the different types of common threats. This module will teach students about using encryption, firewalls, and IPSec to help protect against threats. The module will conclude with how to configure and use Windows Defender and AppLocker.
- Configuring Tenant Roles
- Managing Tenant Health and Services
- Lab : Practice Lab: Managing Network Security
- Creating and Testing Inbound Rules
- Creating and Testing Outbound Rules
- Creating and Testing Connection Security Rules
- Configuring Windows Defender Module 4: Hands-On Lab
- Lab : Graded Lab