This course provides knowledge and skills to implement the DevOps practices of continuous integration. Students will learn how to implement continuous integration in an Azure DevOps pipeline, how to manage code quality and security principles, and how to implement a container build strategy. After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain why continuous integration matters
- Implement continuous integration using Azure DevOps
- Configure builds and the options available
- Create an automated build workflow
- Integrate other build tooling with Azure DevOps
- Create hybrid build processes
- Describe what is meant by code quality and how it is measured
- Detect code smells
- Integrate automated tests for code quality
- Report on code coverage during testing
- Add tooling to measure technical debt
- Detect open source and other licensing issues
- Implement a container build strategy ...
- In this module, you’ll be introduced to continuous integration principles including: benefits, challenges, build best practices, and implementation steps. You will also learn about implementing a build strategy with workflows, triggers, agents, and tools.
- Continuous Integration Overview
- Implementing a Build Strategy
- Lab : Enabling Continuous Integration with Azure Pipelines
- Lab : Creating a Jenkins Build Job and Triggering CI Module 2: Managing Code Quality and Security Policies
- In this module, you will be learn how to manage code quality including: technical debt, SonarCloud, and other tooling solutions. You will also learn how to manage security policies with open source, OWASP, and WhiteSource Bolt.
- Managing Code Quality
- Managing Security Policies
- Lab : Managing Technical Debt with Azure DevOps and SonarCloud
- Lab : Checking Vulnerabilities using WhiteSource Bolt and Azure DevOps Module 3: Implementing a Container Build Strategy
- In this module, you will learn how to implement a container strategy including how containers are different from virtual machines and how microservices use containers. You will also learn how to implement containers using Docker.
- Implementing a Container Build Strategy
- Lab : Existing .NET Applications with Azure and Docker Images
Module 1: Implementing Continuous Integration in an Azure DevOps Pipeline