This course teaches IT Professionals to understand the challenges that organizations face in keeping modern IT environments secure, as the more distributed environments that are part of a cloud-first or hybrid world have rapidly created new security challenges for IT. The course focuses on three key areas in the defense against attackers who target security vulnerabilities, resulting particularly from credential theft and compromised identities:
- Role-Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
- Azure Active Directory Privileged Identity Management (PIM) Students learn to implement two-step verification to secure the sign-in process, as well has how to use advanced features like trusted IPs and Fraud Alerts with MFA to customize their identity access strategy. Using Privileged Identity Management, students learn how to apply just the right amount of access rights for just the right amount of time to the various administrative roles as well as to resources. After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Use Azure RBAC to grant a granular level of access based on an administratorâs assigned tasks. ...
- Use Azure Multi-Factor Authentication to configure a strong authentication for users at sign-in.
- User Azure AD Privileged Identity Management to configure access rights based on just-in-time administration. Dette kursus er en del af det samlede 4-dags kurset AZ-101: Microsoft Azure Integration and Security, som forbereder dig til test og certificeringen âAzure Administrator Associateâ. Hvis du vÃ¦lger kun at deltage pÃ¥ denne del af det samlede kursus, skal du vÃ¦re ekstra opmÃ¦rksom pÃ¥ forudsÃ¦tningerne.
- In this module, youâll learn about Role-Based Access Control as the foundation to organizing and managing an organizationâs administrative access based on the principle of least privilege. You will also review Azure Active Directory concepts, as well as gaining insight into the threat landscape and security risks that are exposed to IT organizations through breach of privileged access.
- Role-Based Access Control
- Azure Active Directory (Refresher)
- Protecting Privileged Access in the Environment Module 2: Using Multi-Factor Authentication for Secure Access
- In this module, youâll learn about securing the sign-in process through Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). Youâll learn how MFA works and the differences in implementation between on-premises and cloud scenarios. Youâll also learn about using conditional access policies to provide more fine-grained control over apps and resources in your environment.
- Introducing Multi-Factor Authentication
- Implementing MFA Module 3: Azure AD Privileged Identity Management
- In this module, youâll learn how to use Azure Privileged Identity Management (PIM) to enable just-in-time administration and control the number of users who can perform privileged operations. Youâll also learn about the different directory roles available as well as newer functionality that includes PIM being expanded to role assignments at the resource level.
- Getting Started with PIM
- PIM Security Wizard
- PIM for Directory Roles
- PIM for Role Resources
Module 1: Introduction to Identity Protection in Azure