Kursusmål Microsoft SQL Server is one of Microsoft's most important server products and is one of the most used Database tools in organisations. Besides being used as a database tool in a large number of applications for both OLTP and DSS systems it is also used in a number of Microsoft's own applications like SharPoint and Navision. The course is focusing on common administration tasks like configuring a SQL Server instance, plan and implement backup/restore, security, and automating SQL Server management.
- Configuring a SQL Server instance
- Create, alter, and drop databases
- Create, alter, and drop tables
- Data integrity
- Create, alter and drop indexes
- Create ans planning backup strategies
- Implement and plan security on a SQL Server instance
- Create jobs and schedules
- Handling transactions and locking
Deltagere This is a technical course and we expect that you have attended our "SQL Grundlæggende kursus" or have acquired similar experience with T-SQL.
At the course Microsoft SQL Server 2014 ...
... is used.
Kursusmateriale You get a course material you can use as an encyclopedia after the course and downloads of course exercises.
Kursus indhold Module 1 - Introducing Microsoft SQL Server
This module describes how to prepare the installation of a SQL Server instance and how to configure an existing SQL Server instance. You will be introduced to the most important client tools used for administration, configuration and querying.
- Prepare to install a SQL Server instance
- Microsoft SQL Server client tools
- Configuring an existing SQL Server instance
This module describes how to create and maintain databases and database files, and how to move them.
- Databases and Database Files
- Transaction log
- File Groups
- Maintaining Databases
This module descibes how to create, alter, and drop tables. The different data types used in tables is also discussed
- Data Types
- Creating Tables
- Maintaining Tables
This module describes implementing and planning data integrity.
- Constraint Types
- Default Constraint
- Primary Key Constraint
- Unique Constraint
- Check Constraint
- Referential Integrity
This module describes the use of index and the different types of index. Other tasks like planning indexes and using the Database Engine Tuning Advisor is also discussed.
- Introducing Index
- Index Architecture
- Planning Indexes
- Creating Index
- Composite Index
- Introducing the Database Engine Tuning Advisor
This module describes how to plan and implement a disaster recovery strategy. The different backup types is discussed and you will be able to plan for an effective backup strategy.
- Planning for a Backup Strategy
- The Transaction log and Recovery
- Recovery Models
- Full Backup
- Log Backup
- Differential Backup
- Restoring Databases
- Backup and Restore the master Database
This module describes the SQL Server Security Framework and how to implement security on server and database level.
- Microsoft SQL Server Security Framework
- Creating Windows Logins
- Creating SQL Logins
- Server Roles
- Database Users
- Creating Database Users
- Database Roles
This module describes how to use SQL Server Agent to automate jobs, create alerts, and send notifications using database mail.
- Configuring Microsoft SQL Server Agent
- Configuring Database Mail
- Creating Jobs and Schedules
- Create and use Operators
- Create Alerts
This module describes how to handle transactions and locks. Isolation levels, blocking, and deadlocks is discussed.
- User defined Transactions
- Locks and Isolation levels
- Blocking and Deadlocks
Har du spørgsmål?
Hvis du har yderligere spørgsmål til dette produkt eller ønsker at få fremsendt materiale i forbindelse med produktet, er du velkommen til at benytte kontaktformularen herunder.