Kursusmål This three-day instructor-led course is aimed at database professionals who manage Business Intelligence (BI) operations. This course looks at various options that provide the ability of business users to analyze data and share their findings, starting with managed BI data sources and expanding to personal and external/public data sources.
Deltagere The primary audience for this course are business intelligence professionals.
The secondary audiences for this course are technically proficient business users.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key features of a self-service BI solution
- Describe the key capabilities of SQL Server BI in a SharePoint environment
- Describe common Analysis Services operational tasks
- Describe PowerPivot for SharePoint server
- Describe Power Query
- Describe Windows Azure HDInsight
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Some basic knowledge of data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas)
- Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching)
- An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
- Familiarity with SharePoint Server and Microsoft Office applications - particularly Excel
Kursusmateriale The course materials Microsoft Digital MOC (DMOC) and Microsoft Labs Online will be used for this course. The course materials and lab exercises are in English. To benefit fully from our instruction, students need an understanding of the English language and completion of the prerequisites. The course will be conducted in Danish.
Click here to read more about the benefits of DMOC and Microsoft Labs Online
Kursus indhold Module 1: Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server BI Solution
This module introduces key features of a self-service BI solution.
- Overview of self-service BI
- Considerations of self-service BI
- Microsoft tools for self-service BI
- Describe the concept of self-service BI
- Explain when you would use self-service BI
- Describe the Microsoft tools for self-service BI
Module 2: SQL Server BI Features with Microsoft SharePoint
This module describes the key capabilities of SQL Server BI in a SharePoint environment.
- Capabilities of Power BI with SharePoint
- SharePoint with analysis services
- SharePoint with reporting services
- Deploying SQL server BI in a SharePoint environment
- Describe the capabilities of Power BI with SharePoint
- Describe the use of SharePoint with analysis services
- Describe the use of SharePoint with reporting services
- Deploy SQL Server in a SharePoint environment
Module 3: Operating Analysis Services
This module describes common analysis services operational tasks.
- Configuring an analysis services server
- Tuning an analysis services server
- Analysis services security
- Analysis services high availability and disaster recovery
- Configure the analysis services server
- Tune the analysis services server
- Describe the analysis services security
- Implement analysis services high-availability and disaster recovery
Module 4: Supporting Analysis Services
This module introduces PowerPivot for SharePoint server.
- Testing analysis services cubes
- Tuning analysis services
- Maintaining analysis services
- Test analysis services
- Tune analysis services
- Maintain analysis services
Module 5: Operate and Support Reporting services
This module introduces users to Power Query. They will use this more in subsequent modules.
- Installing a native mode report server
- Installing reporting services with SharePoint
- Reporting services with Microsoft Azure virtual machines
- Reporting services errors
- Install a native mode reporting server
- Install reporting services with SharePoint
- Implement reporting services with Microsoft Azure virtual machines
- Describe reporting services errors
Module 6: Share PowerPivot Workbooks in SharePoint Server
This module introduces PowerPivot for SharePoint.
- PowerPivot for SharePoint
- Install and configure PowerPivot for SharePoint
- Describe the capabilities of PowerPivot for SharePoint
- Install and Configure PowerPivot for SharePoint
Module 7: Operate and Support Power BI
This module introduces Windows Azure HDInsight.
- Power BI desktop
- Mobile Power BI
- Install and Configure Power BI desktop
- Implement Power BI dashboards
- Describe mobile power BI
Har du spørgsmål?
Hvis du har yderligere spørgsmål til dette produkt eller ønsker at få fremsendt materiale i forbindelse med produktet, er du velkommen til at benytte kontaktformularen herunder.